Safety Recipe of the Week: “World Famous” Rendezvous BBQ Ribs
In Memphis, it’s been a long-running debate – What’s better, wet ribs or dry ribs?
The “World Famous” Rendezvous BBQ Ribs are my son Branden’s favorite rib recipe, my husband tries to make them when he comes home for a visits. Branden says “These are the best ribs he has ever eaten.” This recipe is from Nick Vergos of Charlie Vergos Rendezvous restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee.
Decide for yourself, enjoy!
• 4 cups white distilled vinegar
• 4 cups water
• 1/3 cup Rendezvous Famous Seasoning Rub (recipe below)
• 2 slabs pork loin back ribs (approximately 2 pounds each)
1. Mix vinegar, water and seasoning together to make your basting sauce.
2. Cook meat over direct heat on the grill, approximately 18-inches above fire. Coals should be at 325 to 350 degrees.
3. Start ribs bone side down, until bone side is golden brown. Baste 2 times with basting sauce then flip slab and cook meat side down until this side reaches a nice golden brown.
4. The meat is ready when it is so hot that you cannot touch it with your fingers. That is approximately 30 minutes per side.
5. Baste again and sprinkle with Rendezvous world famous seasoning and you are ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Rendezvous Seasoning Rub Recipe
• 1/2 cup salt
• 1/4 cup pepper
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder
• 1 Tbsp oregano
• 1 Tbsp celery seed
• 1 Tbsp paprika
• 1 Tbsp chile powder
The Rendezvous sells the kits, sauce and seasoning at https://hogsfly.com/onlinestore