Recipe of the Week: Whether or not you have a vegetarian dog (smile), these non-meat cookies will be snapped up -literally!
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Special Dry Milk or nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1arge eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or plain
- 1/2 cup+ 1 tablespoon cold water, enough to make a cohesive dough
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets, or line them with parchment.
2) Mix together the flour, oats, parsley, dried milk, and salt.
3) Add the eggs and peanut butter, stirring to combine; the mixture will be crumbly.
4) Add enough water to bring the dough together; depending on the season, you may need to add a bit more (winter}, or a bit less (summer).
5) To make dog “cookies,” drop the dough in walnut-sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten them to about 1/4″. If you want to roll out the dough and use cookie cutters you may need to modify the baking time depending on size and thickness.
6) Bake the cookies for about 40 minutes. When finished, the cookies will be dark golden brown, and will be dry and crisp all the way through.
7) Remove the cookies from the oven, and cool right on the pans.
Yield: 60 smaller cookies
Bon appetite to all the pups in the ISS Family!